Baptist Women's Health Center
The Baptist Women's Health Center is a full-service mammography center. We strive to educate and empower women to take control of their breast health and wellness. We combine experience, innovation and compassion to provide outstanding, patient-centered care.
The National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) and the American College of Radiology (ACR) has placed our facility in the top two percent in the nation for Quality and Clinical Excellence. Baptist Women's Health Center is an ACR-accredited center of excellence in mammograms, stereotactic biopsy and breast ultrasound.
Women’s Breast Health Services
We are dedicated to providing quality breast care from the moment you arrive. Our all-female clinical staff and all-female radiologists are specialists in breast care who take the time to listen and respond to your concerns. Some of our breast health services include:
- Screening and diagnostic mammograms
- Bone density scans
- Breast health education
- Breast cancer support groups
To further establish a sense of well-being and trust with our patients, we offer front-door parking and modern sitting rooms where you may wait while preparing for your exams. Learn more about breast procedures at Baptist Women’s Health Center.
Clinical Excellence in a Comfortable Setting
Many women feel overwhelmed when undergoing testing for conditions as serious as breast cancer. We understand it can create anxiety and tension. That’s why we work hard to curate a peaceful atmosphere at our Women’s Health Center.
Patients can relax by our water feature, and browse art created by survivors, while waiting for their diagnostic images to be evaluated. The center is also equipped with warm lighting, cozy robes, and other special touches to make the experience as comfortable as possible.
Quality and Awards
Women should feel confident in choosing the best care for themselves and their families. We are proud to deliver leading-edge, compassionate health care that makes a difference in countless lives across the Mid-South and beyond. Here are just a few of the awards and accolades our dedicated team of health care professionals have earned at Baptist Women’s Health Center:
- The first center dedicated to women’s imaging in the Mid-South
- The region’s first Breast Risk Management Program, including genetics counseling, for patients who may be at high risk for developing breast cancer
- The first to establish MRI-guided breast biopsies
- Over 30 years of offering convenient access to mammography and the first mobile mammography unit in Shelby County
- Second Look®, a computer-aided detection system that assists radiologists in early breast cancer detection without lengthening a patient’s exam or office visit
- Six female radiologists with more than 100 years combined experience, dedicated to mammography and breast imaging
- Same-day results and consultation with breast radiologists for diagnostic exams
- Breast nurse navigators, or certified oncology nurses who guide patients through the diagnostic process
- Dedicated nurse practitioner who manages patients who have benign breast conditions or are survivors
- First FDA-approved automated breast ultrasound in the Mid-South, designed to detect cancers earlier in patients who have dense breast tissue
- Innovative 3D technology that delivers high image quality without increasing dosage as compared to 2D mammography through the GE SenoClaire 3D detector, exclusively at Baptist
- The first center to provide seed localization for non-palpable breast lesions
- Baptist One Care, integrated electronic health records to provide timely test results to patients and physicians
- MyChart gives patients access to scheduling, mammogram results and health records at their fingertips
- The Mid-South’s first Breast Disparities Coordinator to address the race-specific mortality rates of breast cancer through education, mammography and other grassroots efforts
- Since 2008, the Women’s Health Center has been nationally recognized as an American College of Radiology (ACR)-accredited center of excellence in mammograms, stereotactic biopsy and breast ultrasound — the first Center of Excellence in East Memphis
- National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) since 2011