#1 in Mississippi for patient safety. Again.
Once again, Baptist Golden Triangle received an A-rating for hospital safety from the Leapfrog Group, the nation’s watchdog for safety and quality in American health care. That makes us the ONLY hospital in Mississippi and Alabama, and one of just 22 nationally, to receive straight A’s in patient safety for 10 consecutive years.
Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades provide consumer-friendly, patient-reported data and research to help you make informed decisions about a critical aspect of your hospital stay – safety. They are assigned to nearly 3,000 general acute-care hospitals across the nation twice annually based on up to 30 national performance measures, including:
- Preventing surgical errors, falls and patient injuries
- Protection from common hospital infections, including Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and Clostridium difficile (C. diff)
- The responsiveness of the hospital staff
- Communication about medicines
- Communication with nurses and doctors
Now, more than ever, you and your loved ones’ safety are a top priority at Baptist Golden Triangle. And we have the grades to prove it.